If you would prefer to view this page under a different language, please make your desired selection at the drop-down menu in the right-hand column.
Order Cancelling Election and Declaring Unopposed Candidates Elected to Office
Elections – Bonds
The District does not currently have a pending bond election.
Elections – Directors
The next election for Fort Bend County Levee Improvement District 19 will be held on May 2, 2020.
Director candidacy filing requirements and deadlines are as follows:
To run for election to the District’s Board of Directors, a person must file an application for a place on the ballot. To be qualified to serve as a Director for a municipal utility district, a person must be at least 18 years old, a resident citizen of the State of Texas, and either own land subject to taxation in the district or be a qualified voter within the District. To be qualified to serve as an elected Director for a levee improvement district, a person must be a qualified property taxpaying elector of the precinct and county from which he is elected and be eligible under the laws of the State of Texas to hold office. The application must be filed with the Secretary of the District’s Board of Directors or his designated agent by mail, fax or in person. An application may be downloaded/printed from the website of the Texas Secretary of State at https://www.sos.state.tx.us/elections/forms/pol-sub/2-21f.pdf
- First day to file for place on May 2, 2020 general election ballot is January 15, 2020.
- Last day to file for place on May 2, 2020 general election ballot is by 5:00 p.m. on February 14, 2020.
- A person may run for election to the District’s Board of Directors as a write-in candidate and to do so must file a declaration of write-in candidacy. The declaration must be filed with the Secretary of the District’s Board of Directors or his/her designated agent by mail, fax or in person. A declaration form may be downloaded/printed from the website of the Texas Secretary of State at https://www.sos.state.tx.us/elections/forms/pol-sub/2-11f.pdf
- Deadline to file write in candidacy declaration for May 2, 2020 general election is by 5:00 p.m. on February 18, 2020.
Elections – Documents
- Notice of Appointment of Agent During the 2020 Directors Election Period / Aviso de Designacion de Agente para el Periodo de Eleccion de Directores de 2020
( Posted through 8:00 AM June 11, 2020 )
Elections – Location
The location(s) of the election will be posted upon determination.