If you would prefer to view this page under a different language, please make your desired selection at the drop-down menu in the right-hand column.
Elections – Bonds
The District does not currently have a pending bond election.
Elections – Directors
The next election for Fort Bend County Levee Improvement District 19 will be held in May 2024 for Director positions for Precincts 1 and 4.
To be qualified to serve as a director, a person shall be at least 18 years old, a resident citizen of the State of Texas, and be a qualified property taxpaying elector of the precinct and county within the District.
Director candidacy filing requirements and deadlines are as follows:
To run for election to the District’s Board of Directors, a person must file an application for a place on the ballot. The application must be filed with the Secretary of the District’s Board of Directors or his designated agent by mail, fax or in person. An application may be downloaded/printed from the website of the Texas Secretary of State at https://www.sos.state.tx.us/elections/forms/pol-sub/2-21f.pdf.
- Texas Ethics Commission – Forms and Instructions
- First day to file for place on May 4, 2024 general election ballot is Wednesday, January 17, 2024.
- Last day to file for place on May 4, 2024 general election ballot is by 5:00 p.m. on Friday, February 16, 2024.
- A person may run for election to the District’s Board of Directors as a write-in candidate and to do so must file a declaration of write-in candidacy. The declaration must be filed with the Secretary of the District’s Board of Directors or his/her designated agent by mail, fax, email or in person. A declaration form may be downloaded/printed from the website of the Texas Secretary of State at https://www.sos.texas.gov/elections/forms/pol-sub/2-23f.pdf
- Deadline to file write-in candidacy declaration for May 4, 2024 general election is by 5:00 p.m. on Tuesday, February 20, 2024.
Elections – Documents
- Application For a Place on the Ballot For a General Election For a City, School District or Other Political Subdivision (state.tx.us)
Solicitud de Inscripción para un Lugar en la Boleta de Una Elección General para Una Ciudad, Distrito Escolar u Otra Subdivisión Polĺtica (state.tx.us)
- Candidacy Filing – Local Political Subdivisions
- Water Code Chapter 49 – Provisions Applicable to All Districts
- Water Code Chapter 54 – Municipal Utility Districts
Elections – Location
The location(s) of the election will be posted upon determination.