As you may be aware, LID 19 received a petition to determine whether directors for LID 19’s Board of Directors should be elected, rather than appointed by Fort Bend County. The Fort Bend County Elections Administrator will conduct the election for LID 19. Read More …
LID 19’s Board has been notified that the Phase 1 of the third party engineering report will be delivered by the end of this month. The results of the report will be posted here. In addition, several improvement projects are underway.
- Capital Projects:
- Temporary supplemental pumps (purchased together with LID 15 to provide a total of 80,000 additional gpm) – ordered, June 2018 anticipated delivery.
- Pump Station at Snake Slough – currently under design.
- Interconnect for Snake Slough/Steep Bank Creek – currently under design.
- Interconnect for Alcorn Bayou/Steep Bank Creek – currently under design.
- Pump Station at Lost Creek – in discussion with other districts within Steep Bank Creek watershed for regional participation.
- Staff gauges at Steep Bank Creek pump station – ordered
- Digital emergency bulletin boards – in review
- Expansion of emergency alert system (text messages, emails, and voicemail) – underway
- Development of improved communications protocol and website modifications – underway
Additional projects are being considered by the District. A comprehensive update will be posted here in June 2018. The LID Board is also working to schedule a community open house meeting in May 2018.
The LID 19 and LID 15 Boards have voted to approve the purchase of 12 supplemental pumps to provide an additional pumping capacity of over 80,000 gallons per minute. The supplemental pumps, together with the existing permanent pumps, will double the total combined pumping capacity at Steep Bank Creek (up to 160,000 gallons per minute ) this year.
Delivery of the supplemental pump is anticipated in June 2018. The pumps will be stored at the Steep Bank Creek pump station site and will be trailer-mounted so that they can be moved to alternate locations within LID 19 or LID 15 if necessary. An announcement will be posted to the websites once the pumps are delivered.
In addition to the supplemental pumps, both LIDs have undertaken measures to implement after-action recommendations. Please visit your LID website to see what has been approved to date.